Wednesday, February 22, 2006

some stranger's livejournal post that struck a chord.

thanks to steven for forwarding this one around.

I was driving down the highway today and came up behind an old man in a hunting cap who was driving a pickup truck. On the back of the tailgate, he had a Jesus fish decal, a Support Our Troops ribbon, a God Bless The US sticker, and a sign that read "On the 8th Day, God Made The Packers" (Wisconsin's football team).

i was busily fitting him into a box, to be labeled "ignorant truck-drivin' beer-swillin' redneck", when I saw the ribbon in the middle--a rainbow one that read "LOVE IS FOR EVERYONE".

I'm posting this so I'll remember some things I shouldn't have needed a ribbon to remind me:
Loving your country doesn't make you stupid.
  • Loving sports doesn't make you shallow.
  • Wanting soldiers not to feel shame doesn't make you a warmonger.
  • Loving God doesn't make you ignorant.
  • Love is for everyone.

No comments: